Lichen biomonitoring studies (Lichen Diversity Value method; bioaccumulation) are routinely performed in Italy around point sources of emission, mainly thermoelectric power plants.
TerraData has a consolidated experience in this field, gained in several studies performed all over Italy.
- Sampling and Interpreting Lichen Diversity Data for Biomonitoring Purposes
- Bioaccumulation with lichens: the Italian experience
- Biomonitoring urban air pollution using transplanted lichens: element concentrations across seasons
- Spatial scales of variation in lichens: Implications for sampling design in biomonitoring surveys
- Guidelines for the use of lichens as bioaccumulators
- New Interpretative Scales for Lichen Bioaccumulation Data: The Italian Proposal
- Do Different Teams Produce Different Results in Long-Term Lichen Biomonitoring?
- Beta diversity and similarity of lichen communities as a sign of the times